Thank you for your interest in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at NC State University. Please follow these steps to apply for admission to the Graduate Program:
- All applications must be submitted entirely online via the North Carolina State University Graduate School Online Application.
No paper applications, nor applications with any supporting paper documents, will be considered for admission. No incomplete applications will be reviewed.
- Transcripts: Upload unofficial transcripts with the online application; only upon admission, send original official transcripts to the Graduate School.
- GRE, TOEFL, IELTS: Scores must be sent electronically from ETS; Institution code 5496.
- Statement of Purpose (a statement about your academic career, research, and career goals): Limited to 500 words and must be submitted with your online application.
- Three letters of recommendation: On your application, list the name and email address for each reference. References will be notified by email with a link to respond. Paper recommendations will not be considered.
- After you have submitted the application to the NCSU Graduate School, fill out the online Area of Interest form through the GradWatch site. This will require your last name and 9-digit NCSU Student ID (received approximately 48 hrs. after fee is paid) or 6-digit Apply Yourself ID. The information you provide to GradWatch must exactly match the information on your application. Your application cannot be considered without this information in GradWatch.
Additional information you may find helpful: