An endowment of $250,000, given by Dr. Robert E. Troxler to the College of Engineering, will be used to establish the William E. Troxler Design Center Support Endowment and the William E. Troxler Enhancement Fund. A significant portion of the endowment will go toward enhancing the Troxler Design Center.
The Troxler Design Center is primarily used for large classes of senior design students, however smaller spaces are set aside for design group collaboration. The space also accommodates the Autonomous Robotics Summer Camps, and outside team and individual research.
The Troxler Design Center has 28 large workbenches to give design teams plenty of room to work. The design center is equipped with cutting edge test equipment:
• BK Precision Bench Multimeters
• Fluke 111 Handheld Multimeters
• Agilent E3630A Triple Output Power Supplies
• BK Precision 20 MHz Oscilloscopes - Model 12120
• Agilent 54622D 100 MHz Oscilloscopes
• Fluke 8000A Digital Multimeter
• Fluke 8050A Digital Multimeter
• Tektronix 11 MHz CFG280 Function Generator
• Wavetek 134 Sweep Generator
• Tektronix PS280 Power Supply
• HP 7662A Logic Analyzer
• Anti-Static Mats
There are also 22 Dell Dimension 4600 computers for use by the design teams. The center is equipped with white boards and a gorgeous view of the green on the engineering oval.