WELCOME to the Opto-Electronics & Lightwave Engineering Group (OLEG) at NC State University, where we study and apply light-matter interactions in soft-condensed matter, and which is directed by Dr. Michael Escuti (Assistant Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering).
Our focus is on advanced optical / electrical / fluidic systems with an emphasis on the following elements: “Soft” Materials (liquid crystals, functional polymers), Holography, Micro-fluidics, Optical Trapping, and Numerical Simulations.
We principally build prototypes and study basic questions related to the following application areas:
- Liquid Crystal Displays (ultra-efficient) LCDs
- Optofluidic Devices for Manipulation of Cells & Nanoparticles
- Optical Beamsteering
- Spectral and Imaging Polarimetry and Spectrometers
- Organic Light Emitting Devices
- Photonic Switches and Tunable Filters
- Integrated Biophotonics
- Numerical Modeling
To Learn More