100-26 KeystoneLocate on Campus Map
Campus Box 7911
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7911
My research interests span all branches of control system theory with applications to large-scale electric power systems. I am a part of the FREEDM Systems Center, currently researching several system and control-theoretic problems for the US power grid using Synchrophasor (WAMS) technology, and its integration with renewable energy sources such as wind energy.
- 2004 - BE in Electrical Engineering, Jadavpur University, India
2005 - MS in Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
2008 - PhD in Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
2009 - Postdoctoral Research Associate, Aeronautics & Astronautics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
| Primary Research Interests
- Control, Robotics, and Mechatronics (Including Computational Intelligence*, Control*)
- Power Electronics and Power Systems (Including Electric Vehicle Systems, Power Systems*)
| Other Research Interests
- Communications and Signal Processing (Including Digital Signal Processing)
- Networking (Including Network Security)
| Selected Publications
- A. Chakrabortty and E. Scholtz, Time-scale Separation Designs for Performance Recovery of Power Systems with Unknown Parameters and Faults. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, accepted.
- A. Chakrabortty, J. H. Chow, and A. Salazar, Interarea Model Estimation for Radial Power Systems Transfer Paths with Intermediate Voltage Control using Synchronized Phasor Measurements. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol 24. no. 3, pp. 1318-1326, Aug. 2009.
- A. Chakrabortty and M. Arcak, Robust Stabilization and Performance Recovery of Nonlinear Systems with Unmodeled Dynamics. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 1351-1356, June 2009.
- A. Chakrabortty and M. Arcak, Time-scale Separation Redesigns for Robust Stabilization and Performance Recovery of Uncertain Nonlinear Systems. Automatica, vol. 45, pp 34-44, Jan. 2009.
- J. H. Chow, A. Chakrabortty, L. Vanfretti, and M. Arcak, Estimation of Radial Power System Transfer Path Dynamic Parameters using Synchronized Phasor Data. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol.23, no. 2, May 2008.
| Awards and Honors
- 2011 - NSF CAREER Award
- 2009 - Allen B Dumont Prize (RPI, Top PhD Graduate)
- 2006 - HKN Honor Society award for best Graduate TA, RPI