100-21 KeystoneLocate on Campus Map
Campus Box 7911
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7911
Lubkeman holds a PhD in electrical engineering from Purdue University with an emphasis in power systems engineering. He has a MS and BS degrees in electrical engineering, also from Purdue.
Lubkeman has more than 25 years of experience in distribution systems and automation and has been an active participant in technical development activities, resulting in more than 40 publications and 13 US patents. Hi sprevious industry experience includes working at Sensus as a senior product manager for distribution automation; at KEMA consulting in the areas of smart grid business case analysus, large-scale energy storage and renewable energy integration; and at ABB, where he was involved in the development of solutions for distribution automation and asset management. Lubkeman's prior academic experience was as an associate professor in the Holcombe Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Clemson University. He is also a licensed professional engineer.
Lubkeman is currently a lead instructor with the Elecitrcal Power Systems Engineering (EPSE) Master of Science professional degree program. He also is a research faculty member associated with the NSF FREEDM Systems Center.
Electric power distribution system analysis, distribution automation, distribution management systems, microgrid applications, and equipment asset management.
- 1983 - PhD in Electrical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
| Selected Publications
- Lubkeman, D.; Leufkens, P.; Feldman, A.; "Battery Energy Storage System Testing for Grid Standard Compliance and Application Performance," CIRED 2011 Conference Proceedings, Frankfurt, Germany, Paper 0674
- Pan, J.; Wang, Z.; Lubkeman, D.; ?Condition Based Failure Rate Modeling for Electric Network Components,? IEEE PES Power Systems Conference and Exposition 2009 Conference Proceedings.
- Pahwa, A.; Xiaoming Feng; Lubkeman, D.; ?Performance Evaluation of Electric Distribution Utilities Based on Data Envelopment Analysis,? IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Volume 18, Issue 1, Feb. 2003, Pages:400-405.
- US Patent 7,010,437: Electric utility storm outage management.
- US Patent 7,751,166: Advanced feeder architecture with automated power restoration.
- US Patents 7,725,295 and 7,672,812: Cable fault detection.