KeystoneLocate on Campus Map
Campus Box 7911
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7911
Dr. Emmanuel Agamloh
Adjunct Associate Professor
Dr. Agamloh is the Technical Leader for the Motors and Drives group at Advanced Energy, with activities and research interests in Electric Machine Design, Analysis and Testing, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, specifically, Ocean Wave Energy Extraction. He previously worked as a Design Engineer responsible for high voltage substations and other electric grid infrastructure development.
- 1992 - BS in Electrical Engineering, St. Petersburg Technical University, St. Petersburg.
1994 - MS in Electrical Engineering, St. Petersburg Technical University, St. Petersburg.
2005 - PhD in Electrical Engineering, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon.
| Selected Publications
- E. B. Agamloh, A. Cavagnino, S. Vaschetto, "Impact of number of poles on steady state performance of induction motors," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol.52, no.2, Mar/April 2016
- Agamloh et. al., "Electric Machine Topologies: Hottest topics in the electrical machine research community," IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, vol.8, no.2, June 2014
- E. B. Agamloh, S. Peele, J. Grappe., "Induction motor single-phasing performance under distribution feeder recloser operations," IEEE Transaction on Industry Applications, vol.50, no.2, Mar/Apr 2014
- E. B. Agamloh, A. S. Nagorny, "An Overview of Efficiency and Loss Characterization of Fractional Horsepower Motors", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol 60,no.8. Aug.2013
- E. B. Agamloh, "Induction motor efficiency: a comparison of direct and indirect measurements", IEEE Industry Applications Magazine, Nov/Dec 2011
- E. B. Agamloh, "An evaluation of induction machine stray load loss from collated test results", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Nov/Dec 2010
- E.B. Agamloh, A.K. Wallace, A. von Jouanne, "A novel ocean energy extraction concept with contact-less force transmission system," Renewable Energy, 2008
- E.B. Agamloh, A.K. Wallace, A. von Jouanne, "Application of fluid-structure interaction simulation of an ocean wave energy extraction device," Renewable Energy,2008
- K. Rhinefrank, E.B. Agamloh, J Aills, et. al., "A novel ocean energy permanent magnet linear generator buoy" Renewable Energy, volume 31, issue 9, pages 1279-1298, July 2006
| Awards and Honors
- 2016-2017 - Vice Chair, IEEE IAS Electric Machines Committee
- 2016 - First Prize Paper Award, IEEE IAS PPFIC Technical Committee
- 2014-2015 - Secretary, IEEE IAS Electric Machines Committee
- 2012-2016 - Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications
- 2011 - IEEE WG Chair Award
- 2010 - First Prize Paper Award, IEEE IAS Electric Machines Committee
- 2009 - IEEE Senior Member