MonteithLocate on Campus Map
Campus Box 7256
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7256
Dr. Edward F Gehringer
- 1972 BS in Mathematics, University of Detroit
1972 BA in Math/Computer Science, Wayne State University
1974 MS in Computer Science, Purdue University
1979 PhD in Computer Science, Purdue University
| Primary Research Interests
- Computer Architecture and Systems (Including Embedded Computer Systems, Memory Systems / Memory Management, Microprocessor Architecture, Parallel and Distributed Computer Architecture)
| Selected Publications
- Chih-Weh Ho, Somik Raha, Edward Gehringer, and Laurie Williams, "Sangam--A distributed pair programming plugin for Eclipse," Eclipse Technology Exchange at OOPSLA 2004, Object-Oriented Programming Lanaguages, Systems, and Applications 2004, Vancouver, BC, October 24-28, 2004 (to appear).
- J. Morris Chang, Witawas Srisa-an, Chia-Tien Dan Lo, and Edward F. Gehringer, “DMMX: Dynamic memory-management extensions,” Journal of Systems and Software 29:3, October 2002, pp. 187–199.
- Prashant Baheti, Edward F. Gehringer, and David Stotts, “Exploring the efficacy of distributed pair programming,” Proc. XP Agile Universe 2002, Chicago, August 4–7, 2002, Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2418, pp. 208-–220.
- "Optimizing procedure calls in block-structured languages" (with Jeremy P. Goodwin), Software--Practice and Experience 26:12, December 1996, pp. 1385-1414.
- "A high-performance memory allocator for object-oriented systems" (with Ji-En Morris Chang), IEEE Transactions on Computers
| Awards and Honors
- 2007 - NC SU Gertrude LCox Award for Innovative Excellence in Teaching & Learning with Technology, Honorable Mention