Campus Box 7911
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7911
I have strong research interests in the following areas:
- Computational Learning
- Signals & Information
- 2013 - Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
2003 - M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
1996 - B.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL
| Selected Publications
- Eric J. Wyers, T. Robert Harris, W. Shep Pitts, Jordan E. Massad, and Paul D. Franzon, "Characterization of the mechanical stress impact on device electrical performance in the CMOS and III-V HEMT/HBT heterogeneous integration environment," Proceedings of the IEEE International 3D Systems Integration Conference (IEEE 3DIC), September 2015.
- T. Robert Harris, Eric J. Wyers, Lee Wang, Samuel Graham, Georges Pavlidis, Paul D. Franzon, and W. Rhett Davis, "Thermal simulation of heterogeneous GaN / InP /Silicon 3DIC stacks," Proceedings of IEEE 3DIC, September 2015.
- Eric J. Wyers, Matthew A. Morton, T. C. L. Gerhard Sollner, C. T. Kelley, and Paul D. Franzon, "A generally applicable calibration algorithm for digitally reconfigurable self-healing RFICs," IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems, May 2015.
- T. Robert Harris, Eric J. Wyers, Paul D. Franzon, W. Rhett Davis, and Lee Wang, "Methods for thermal simulation of DAHI heterogeneous interconnect," Proceedings of the Government Microcircuit Applications & Critical Technology Conference (GOMACTech), March 2015.
- Weiyi Qi, Eric J. Wyers, Zhuo Yan, and Paul D. Franzon, "An automated test infrastructure for NBTI effect investigation and calibration in digital ICs," Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Silicon Errors in Logic - System Effects (SELSE), April 2014.
- Eric J. Wyers, Weiyi Qi, and Paul D. Franzon, "A generally applicable self-healing calibration and modeling flow for age-hard RFICs," Proceedings of GOMACTech, April 2014.
- Eric J. Wyers, Michael B. Steer, C. T. Kelley, Paul D. Franzon, "A bounded and discretized Nelder-Mead algorithm suitable for RFIC calibration," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, vol. 60, no. 7, July 2013.
- Eric J. Wyers, Michael B. Steer, C. T. Kelley, Paul D. Franzon, "Application of a modified Nelder-Mead algorithm for calibrating RF analog integrated circuits," Proceedings of GOMACTech, March 2011.
- Gerhard Sollner, Joseph Smolko, Stephen Lardizabal, Robert Molfino, Anthony Kopa, Charles Wang, Ashley Imhoff, Eric Wyers, Alexander Leonard, Steven Lipa, C. T. Kelley, Paul Franzon, Michael Steer, Joseph Bardin, Florian Bohn, Hua Wang, Kaushik Dasgupta, Ali Hajimiri, "Tunable receiver for 6-18 GHz with autonomous self-healing," Proceedings of GOMACTech, March 2011.
| Awards and Honors
- 2008 - Provost Fellowship - North Carolina State University
- 1995 - Jules D. Falzer Memorial Scholarship - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign