Campus Box 7911
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7911
I have developed my research interests in embedded systems from my experiences as an integrated circuit designer, as a graduate student, and as a postdoctoral research scholar. Specifically, my research focuses on solving the challenging implementation problems associated with high-performance mixed-signal embedded system platforms and systems-on-a-chip (SoCs), and consists of three main components: i) real-time embedded systems-based performance optimization of mixed-signal SoCs, ii) embedded algorithms and methodologies for block- and system-level performance tuning, discrete resource allocation, calibration, and control applications, and iii) design automation, optimization, and verification for mixed-signal embedded system platforms.
- 2013 - Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
2003 - M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
1996 - B.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL
| Selected Publications
- Eric J. Wyers, Weiyi Qi, and Paul D. Franzon, "A generally applicable self-healing calibration and modeling flow for age-hard RFICs," Proceedings of GOMACTech'14, April 2014.
- Weiyi Qi, Eric J. Wyers, Zhuo Yan, and Paul D. Franzon, "An automated test infrastructure for NBTI effect investigation and calibration in digital ICs," Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Silicon Errors in Logic - System Effects (SELSE'14), April 2014.
- Eric J. Wyers, Michael B. Steer, C. T. Kelley, Paul D. Franzon, "A bounded and discretized Nelder-Mead algorithm suitable for RFIC calibration," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, vol. 60, no. 7, July 2013
- Gerhard Sollner, Joseph Smolko, Stephen Lardizabal, Robert Molfino, Anthony Kopa, Charles Wang, Ashley Imhoff, Eric Wyers, Alexander Leonard, Steven Lipa, C. T. Kelley, Paul Franzon, Michael Steer, Joseph Bardin, Florian Bohn, Hua Wang, Kaushik Dasgupta, Ali Hajimiri, "Tunable receiver for 6-18 GHz with autonomous self-healing," Proceedings of GOMACTech'11, March 2011
- Eric J. Wyers, Michael B. Steer, C. T. Kelley, Paul D. Franzon, "Application of a modified Nelder-Mead algorithm for calibrating RF analog integrated circuits," Proceedings of GOMACTech'11, March 2011
| Awards and Honors
- 2008 - Provost Fellowship - North Carolina State University
- 1995 - Jules D. Falzer Memorial Scholarship - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign