Campus Box 7911
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7911
Dr. Ioannis Papapanagiotou
Ioannis Papapanagiotou received the Dipl.Ing. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Patras, Greece in 2006. The M.Sc. degree and dual Ph.D. degrees in Computer Engineering and Operations Research from North Carolina State University in 2009 and 2012, respectively. He has been awarded the best paper awards in IEEE GLOBECOM 2007 and IEEE CAMAD 2010. He is also the recipient of the IBM PhD Fellowship, Academy of Athens and A. Metzelopoulos scholarships. He is currently an Assistant Professor in the department of Computer and Information Technology at Purdue University and an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Electrical & Computer Engineering depart at NC State University. Ioannis is a faculty member of the Center for Education and Research in Information Assurance and Security (CERIAS) and Purdue Energy Center, both at Purdue University. In the past, he was working as an advisory software engineer in the areas of mobile and cloud computing, as part of the Emerging Technology Institute in IBM, an in-house incubator team directly reporting to the CTO.
Software Defined Networks
Data Redundancy Elimination
Network Data Analytics
Internet of Things
Performance Analysis & Simulations
- 2012 - PhD in Computer Engineering, NC State University, Raleigh, NC
2012 - PhD in Operations Research, NC State University, Raleigh, NC
2009 - MSc in Computer Engineering, NC State University, Raleigh NC
2006 - BSc in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Patras, Greece
| Selected Publications
- I. Papapanagiotou, E. Nahum, V. Pappas, “Configuring DHCP Leases in the Smartphone Era”, ACM IMC 2012, Boston MA.
- I. Papapanagiotou, E. Nahum, V. Pappas, “Smartphones vs. Laptops: Comparing Web Browsing Behavior and the Implications for Caching”, ACM SIGMETRICS 2012, London, UK.
- I. Papapanagiotou, R.D. Callaway, M. Devetsikiotis, “Chunk and Object Level Deduplication for Web Optimization: A Hybrid Approach”, IEEE ICC 2012, Ottawa, Canada.
- I. Papapanagiotou, M. Falkner, M. Devetsikiotis, “Optimal Functionality Placement for Multiplay Service Provider Architectures”, IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, Vol 9, no. 3, Sep 2012
- I. Papapanagiotou, G.S. Paschos, S.A. Kotsopoulos, M. Devetsikiotis, “Extensions and Comparison of QoS-Enabled WiFi Models in the Presence of Errors” IEEE GLOBECOM 2007, 26-30 November 2007, Washington DC, USA. (Best Paper Award / NSF Travel Grant Award)
| Awards and Honors
- 2015 - NetApp Faculty Fellowship
- 2014 - Google Geo Education Award
- 2012 - IBM Invention 1st file award
- 2011 - IBM PhD Fellowship
- 2010 - Best Paper Award, IEEE CAMAD
- 2007 - Best Paper Award, IEEE GLOBECOM