Campus Box 7911
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7911
Dr. Ioannis Papapanagiotou
Ioannis Papapanagiotou is a senior software engineer at Netflix and holds an MSc and a dual major Ph.D. degree in Computer Engineering and Operations Research from North Carolina State University. His research is focused in distributed systems/cloud computing, internet of things, and network systems. Ioannis serves as a graduate faculty at Purdue University, advising a team of 10 talented graduate students, and as an adjunct assistant professor at NC State University. Prior to joining Netflix, Ioannis was a tenure-track faculty member at Purdue University, where he was awarded the NetApp faculty fellowship and established an Nvidia CUDA Research Center. Ioannis has received the IBM PhD Fellowship, Academy of Athens PhD Fellowship, teaching awards, and best paper awards in several IEEE conferences. Ioannis has authored around 40 research articles and 10 patent disclosures. Ioannis is a member of ACM, and senior member of IEEE.
Software Defined Networks
Data Redundancy Elimination
Network Data Analytics
Internet of Things
Performance Analysis & Simulations
- 2012 - PhD in Computer Engineering, NC State University, Raleigh, NC
2012 - PhD in Operations Research, NC State University, Raleigh, NC
2009 - MSc in Computer Engineering, NC State University, Raleigh NC
2006 - BSc in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Patras, Greece
| Selected Publications
- I. Papapanagiotou, E. Nahum, V. Pappas, "Configuring DHCP Leases in the Smartphone Era", ACM IMC 2012, Boston MA.
- I. Papapanagiotou, E. Nahum, V. Pappas, "Smartphones vs. Laptops: Comparing Web Browsing Behavior and the Implications for Caching", ACM SIGMETRICS 2012, London, UK.
- I. Papapanagiotou, R.D. Callaway, M. Devetsikiotis, "Chunk and Object Level Deduplication for Web Optimization: A Hybrid Approach", IEEE ICC 2012, Ottawa, Canada.
- I. Papapanagiotou, M. Falkner, M. Devetsikiotis, "Optimal Functionality Placement for Multiplay Service Provider Architectures", IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, Vol 9, no. 3, Sep 2012
- I. Papapanagiotou, G.S. Paschos, S.A. Kotsopoulos, M. Devetsikiotis, "Extensions and Comparison of QoS-Enabled WiFi Models in the Presence of Errors" IEEE GLOBECOM 2007, 26-30 November 2007, Washington DC, USA. (Best Paper Award / NSF Travel Grant Award)
| Awards and Honors
- 2015 - NetApp Faculty Fellowship
- 2014 - Google Geo Education Award
- 2012 - IBM Invention 1st file award
- 2011 - IBM PhD Fellowship
- 2010 - Best Paper Award, IEEE CAMAD
- 2007 - Best Paper Award, IEEE GLOBECOM