3080 Engr Bldg IILocate on Campus Map
Campus Box 7911
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7911
Professor Nagle focuses his research on biomedical sensors and medical devices.
- 1964 - BS in Electrical Engineering, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
1966 - MS in Electrical Engineering, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
1968 - PhD in Electrical Engineering, Auburn University, Auburn, AL
1981 - MD in Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL
| Primary Research Interests
- Bioelectronics Engineering (Including Bioinstrumentation*)
| Selected Publications
- E. Phaisangittisagul and H. T. Nagle, “Predicting Odor Mixture’s Responses on Machine Olfaction Sensors,” Sensors & Actuators B, Chemical, Vol. 155, No. 2, 2011, pp. 473-482.
- H.T. Nagle; T.-H. Kang, C. Merritt, B. Karaguzel, B. Pourdeyhimi, and E. Grant, “Sensor Device For Real-Time Monitoring Of Relative Movement Using Capacitive Fabric Sensors.” U.S. Patent No. 7,712,373; May 11, 2010 [for capacitive strain sensors on non-woven textile substrates].
- R. W. Mankin, R. D. Hodges, H. T. Nagle, C. Schal, R. M. Pereira, and P. G. Koehler, “Acoustic Indicators for Targeted Detection of Stored Product and Urban Insect Pests by Inexpensive Infrared, Acoustic, and Vibrational Detection of Movement,” Journal of Economic Entomology, Vol. 103, No. 5, 2010, pp. 1636-1646.
- E. Phaisangittisagul, H. T. Nagle, and V. Areekul, “Intelligent Method for Sensor Subset Selection for Machine Olfaction,” Sensors and Actuators B, Chemical, Vol. 145, 2010, pp. 507–515.
- C. R. Merritt, H. T. Nagle, and E. Grant, “Textile-Based Capacitive Sensors for Respiration Monitoring, IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 9, No. 1, 2009, pp. 71-78.
- C. R. Merritt, H. T. Nagle, and E. Grant, “Fabric-Based Active Electrode Design and Fabrication for Health Monitoring Clothing,” IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, Vol. 13, No. 2, 2009, pp. 274-280.
- B. Karaguzel, C. R. Merritt, T. Kang, J.M. Wilson, H. T. Nagle, E. Grant and B. Pourdeyhimi, “Flexible, Durable Printed Electrical Circuits,” The Journal of the Textile Institute, Vol. 100, No. 1, 2009, pp. 1-9.
- E. Phaisangittsagul, H.T. Nagle, “Sensor Selection for Machine Olfaction based on Transient Feature Extraction,” IEEE Transactions for Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol.57, No. 2, 2008, pp. 369-378.
- T.-H. Kang, C. R. Merritt, E. Grant, B. Pourdeyhimi, H. T. Nagle, “Nonwoven Fabric Active Electrodes for Biopotential Measurement during Normal Daily Activity,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 55, No. 1, 2008, pp. 188-195.
| Awards and Honors
- 2008 - Alexander Quarles Holladay Medal for Excellence (NC State)
- 2003-2009 - Editor in Chief, IEEE Sensors Journal
- 2000 - IEEE Millennium Medal
- 1998 - Elected Fellow, American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering
- 1998 - IEEE Richard M Emberson Award
- 1994 - IEEE President
- 1983 - IEEE Fellow
- 1973 - Young Engineer of the Year, State of Alabama