Campus Box 7911
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7911
Dr. Arne A Nilsson
My research and teaching interests are in networking. The last three decades have seen an enormous development in the networking area and we expect that the trend will continue. Today we are mostly interested in wireless networking and wireless services. The development of the new technologies for the 4G and 5G wireless systems are challenging and fun. I have been involved with the early ARPAnet experiments and all of the networking development in North Carolina.
- 1968 MS in Electrical Engineering, Lund Institute of Technology
1976 PhD in Telecommunication Systems, Lund Institute of Technology
| Primary Research Interests
- Networking (Including Computer Communications, Computer Networking, Local-Area and Wide-Area Networks)
| Other Research Interests
- Communications and Signal Processing (Including Digital Communications)
| Selected Publications
- “Application Layer Tracing for Performance Evaluation”, NTS 2002, Espoo, Finland
- “Obtaining Reliable Bit Rate Measurements in SNMP-Managed Networks”, ITC Specialist seminar, Wurzburg, Germany.
- “Implicit Traffic Classification for Service Differentiation” ITC Specialist seminar, Wurzburg, Germany
- “On Service Level Agreements for IP Networks” INFOCOM 2002, NY, NY.
- “Voice and Multi-fractal Data in the Internet”, LCN’01, Tampa, Fl, 2001
| Awards and Honors
- 1999 - Outstanding Engineering Educator, IEEE, Eastern North Carolina Section