234-F MonteithLocate on Campus Map
Campus Box 7911
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7911
Dr. Paskov has over 20 years of experience in semiconductor optics and photonics. His early carrier was as a staff member, senior research scientist and head of Nonlinear Optics Laboratory at Institute of Electronics, Sofia. In 1999 Dr. Paskov joined the Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biology at Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden, where he currently holds associate professor position.
Dr. Paskov’s research interests are in the field of fundamental optical properties of semiconductor, optical characterization techniques and physics of optoelectronic devices. During the last years Dr. Paskov has been focused on the properties of group-III nitride semiconductor materials and device structures. His contributions that are well-recognized worldwide include understanding of the fine structure of free- and bound excitons in GaN, identification of optical signatures of the point and structural defects, studying effect of the strain, doping and surface polarity on the emission spectra of heteroepitaxial layers, quantum wells and superlattices.
Dr. Paskov authored 2 book chapters, 7 invited review papers and more than 150 papers in peer-reviewed journals. He has served in program and organizing committees in several international conferences and workshops on semiconductor materials and devices.
- 1989 - PhD in Physics, Institute of Electronics, Sofia, Bulgaria
1984 - MS in Quantum Electronics, Sofia University, Bulgaria
1982 - BS in Physics, Sofia University, Bulgaria
| Selected Publications
- B. Monemar, P. P. Paskov, "Luminescence Studies of Impurities and Defects in III-Nitride Semiconductors", in Handbook of Photoluminescent Semiconductor Materials, eds. L. Bergman and J. L. McHale, (CRC Press, 2011) pp. 169-189
- B. Monemar, P. P. Paskov, J. P. Bergman, G. Pozina, A. A. Toropov, T. V. Shubina, T. Malinauskas, A. Usui, "Transient photoluminescence of shallow donor bound excitons in GaN", Phys. Rev. B 81, 235202 (2010).
- B. Monemar, P. P. Paskov, G. Pozina, C. Hemmingsson, J. P. Bergman, T. Kawashima, H. Amano, I. Akasaki, T. Paskova, S. Figge, D. Hommel, A. Usui, “Evidence for two Mg related acceptors in GaN”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 235501 (2009).
- P. Paskov, B. Monemar, "Luminescence of GaN layers grown in nonpolar directions", in Nitrides with nonpolar surfaces: growth, properties, and devices, ed. T. Paskova, (Willey, 2008) pp.185-217.
- B. Monemar, P. P. Paskov, J. P. Bergman, A. A. Toropov, T. V. Shubina, T. Malinauskas, A. Usui, “Recombination of free and bound excitons in GaN”, Phys. Status Solidi (b) 245, 1723 (2008).