2004A Engr Bldg IILocate on Campus Map
Campus Box 7256
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7256
Yan Solihin joined NCSU in 2002.
His research interests include high performance, reliable, and secure computer architecture, with a special emphasis in the memory hierarchy and multiprocessors system. Examples of topics of interest include intelligent memory architectures, self-optimizing systems, and cache issues in on-chip multiprocessor systems.
He is a recipient of 2010 and 2005 IBM Faculty Partnership Award, 2004 NSF CAREER Award, Best Paper Award at MTEAC-5 in 2001, and the AT&T Asia/Pacific leadership award in 1997.
- 2002 - PhD in Computer Science, Univ of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
1999 - MS in Computer Science, Univ of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
1997 - MASc in Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
1995 - BS in Mathematics, Universitas Terbuka, Indonesia
1995 - BS in Computer Science, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
| Primary Research Interests
- Computer Architecture and Systems (Including Embedded Computer Systems, Memory Systems / Memory Management*, Microprocessor Architecture*, Parallel and Distributed Computer Architecture*, Security and Reliable/Fault-Tolerant Computing*)
| Selected Publications
- Mazen Kharbutli, Xiaowei Jiang, Yan Solihin, Curu Venkataramani and Milos Prvulovic, Comprehensively and Efficiently Protecting the Heap, To appear in Proc. of International Symposium for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), San Jose, Oct 2006.
- Brian Rogers, Milos Prvulovic and Yan Solihin, Effective Data Protection for Distributed Shared Memory Multiprocessors, To appear in Proc. of International Conference of Parallel Architecture and Compilation Techniques (PACT), Seattle, Sep 2006.
- Fei Guo and Yan Solihin, An Analytical Model for Cache Replacement Policy Performance, Proc. of ACM SIGMETRICS/Performance 2006 Joint International Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer System (SIGMETRICS), Saint-Malo, France, June 2006.
- Changhee Jung, Daeseob Lim, Jaejin Lee, and Yan Solihin, Helper Thread Prefetching for Loosely-Coupled Multiprocessor Systems, To appear in Proc. of International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), Isle of Rhodes, Greece, Apr 2006.
- Mazen Kharbutli and Yan Solihin, Counter-Based Cache Replacement Algorithms, Proc. of the International Conference on Computer Design (ICCD), San Jose, Oct 2005.
- Dhruba Chandra, Fei Guo, Seongbeom Kim, and Yan Solihin, Predicting Inter-Thread Cache Contention on a Chip Multi-Processor Architecture, Proc. of the11th International Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA), San Francisco, Feb 2005. Nominated for Best Paper Award.
- Rithin Shetty, Mazen Kharbutli, Yan Solihin, and Milos Prvulovic, A Helper-Thread Approach to Programmable, Automatic, and Low-Overhead Memory Bug Detection, IBM Journal of Research and Development: Special Issue on Exploratory Systems, to appear in April 2006.
| Awards and Honors
- 2008 - GCOE Visiting Professor, Waseda University, Japan
- 2005 - Best Paper Award Nomination, 11th IEEE International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA), 2005
- 2010, 2005 - IBM Faculty Partnership Award
- 2004 - NSF Early Career Award
- 2001 - Best Paper Award, The 5th Workshop on Multithreaded Execution, Architecture, and Compilation