Forum on Broadening Participation in Engineering at NC State
7 September 7, 2018
Symposium from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Luncheon from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
We invite you to a symposium and luncheon hosted by the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. In keeping with the mission of NC State’s College of Engineering, this morning symposium is an interactive dialogue that focuses on expanding efforts to increase participation from underrepresented groups in engineering.
Keynote delivered by Dr. Harold Martin, Chancellor, North Carolina A&T State University
Panel moderated by Dr. Christine Grant, Associate Dean for Faculty Advancement, College of Engineering, NC State University
- Dr. Clay Gloster, Jr, Interim Vice Provost for Research, Graduate Programs and Extended Learning, North Carolina A&T State University
- Dr. Elebeoba E. May, Program Director, Division of Molecular & Cellular Biosciences (BIO/MCB), National Science Foundation;
- Dr. Manuel Pérez-Quiñones, Professor in the Department of Software and Information Systems and Associate Dean of the College of Computing and Informatics, University of North Carolina, Charlotte;
- Dr. Renetta Tull, Special Assistant to the Sr. Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, University System of Maryland;
- Dr. Iris R. Wagstaff, STEM Program Director, American Association for the Advancement of Science;
Following the symposium will be a luncheon during which the Winser E. Alexander Faculty Award will be announced. This is a new endowment that honors teaching excellence and provides a supplement for a professor who helps to build the pipeline of underrepresented groups in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Visitor parking is available in the hourly pay lot on the lower level of the Coliseum Parking Deck. The lot entrance is on Dunn Avenue across from the bus stop.
Future of ECE Symposium
9 November 9, 2018
Dean Kamen, Co-founder, FIRST Robotics
Dario Gil, Vice President of AI and IBM Q, IBM
Marija Ilic, Professor Emeritus, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
Theodore Rappaport, Founding Director, NYU WIRELESS, New York University
More information coming soon!
Movies on Centennial
28 Friday, September 28
28 Friday, October 26
Hunt Library Auditorium