Dr. Daniele joined the faculty of North Carolina State University in August 2015. He is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, as well as the Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering. Dr. Daniele’s primary area of interest is the broad application of soft nanomaterials to engineer devices which monitor, mimic or augment biological function. Specific topics of research include wearable and implantable biosensors, organ-on-a-chip models, and human-machine interfaces.
2009 - BS in Materials Science & Engineering (Nanotechnology), Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
2012 - PhD in Materials Science & Engineering (Polymers), Clemson University, Clemson, SC
Awards & Honors
2019 - NSF Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER)
2015 - Jerome and Isabella Karle Distinguished Scholar, U.S. Naval Research Lab, Washington D.C.
2014 - NRL Postdoctoral Publication Award
2012-2014 - NAS National Research Council Postdoctoral Fellowship, U.S. Naval Research Lab, Washington D.C.
2011 - American Chemical Society Excellence in Graduate Polymer Research
- IL22 Inhibits Epithelial Stem Cell Expansion in an Ileal Organoid Model (2019)
- Integrated phosphorescence-based photonic biosensor (iPOB) for monitoring oxygen levels in 3D cell culture systems (2019)
- Measuring and regulating oxygen levels in microphysiological systems: design, material, and sensor considerations (2019)
- Monitoring of Microphysiological Systems: Integrating Sensors and Real-Time Data Analysis toward Autonomous Decision-Making (2019)
- Cardiac Stem Cell Patch Integrated with Microengineered Blood Vessels Promotes Cardiomyocyte Proliferation and Neovascularization after Acute Myocardial Infarction (2018)
- Neuro-nano interfaces: Utilizing nano-coatings and nanoparticles to enable next-generation electrophysiological recording, neural stimulation, and biochemical modulation (2018)
- Affinity purification of bacterial outer membrane vesicles (OMVs) utilizing a His-tag mutant (2017)
- Microfabricated blood vessels undergo neoangiogenesis (2017)
- Integration of biochemical sensors into wearable biomaterial platforms (2016)
- Microvessel manifold for perfusion and media exchange in three-dimensional cell cultures (2016)
View all publications