3060 Engr Bldg IILocate on Campus Map
Campus Box 7911
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7911
Dr. Michael Devetsikiotis
Dr. Devetsikiotis' research is in the areas of high-speed network modeling, performance evaluation and efficient simulation; and optimization techniques applied to the analysis and design of communication systems. His current interests include modeling of smart grid communications, design of network services, and performance of network appliances and service intermediaries.
Dr. Devetsikiotis is a Fellow of the IEEE. He is currently the Chair of the IEEE ComSoc Globecom-ICC Technical Committee (GITC), and remains an Associate Editor of the IEEE Communications Surveys. He has served as Chairman of the IEEE ComSoc Technical Committee on Communication Systems Integration and Modeling and as a Member-at-Large of the Communications Society Education Board.
- 1993 - PhD in Electrical Engineering, NC State University, Raleigh, NC
1990 - MS in Electrical Engineering, NC State University, Raleigh, NC
1988 - Dipl. Ing. in Elect. Engineering, Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki, Greece
| Primary Research Interests
- Networking (Including Digital Performance Evaluation)
| Selected Publications
- M. Kallitsis, G. Michailidis, and M. Devetsikiotis, “Measurement-based Optimal Power Allocation under Communication Network Constraints”, to appear in the IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid
- R. Callaway and M. Devetsikiotis, “An Autonomic Service Delivery Platform for Service Oriented Network Environments”, in the IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 104-115, April-June 2010
- Z. Benajmin Feng, C. Huang and M. Devetsikiotis, “FISTE: A Black-Box Approach for End-to-End QoS Management”, in ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation, vol. 19, no. 4, October 2009.
- M. G. Kallitsis, G. Michailidis and M. Devetsikiotis, “Measurement Based Optimal Resource Allocation of Network Services via Pricing Differentiation”, in Performance Evaluation, vol. 66, no. 9-10, pp 505-223, Sept. 2009.
- I. Papapanagiotou, D. Toumpakaris, J. Lee and M. Devetsikiotis, “ A Survey on Next Generation Mobile WiMax Networks: Objectives, Features and Technical Challenges”, in IEEE Journal of Communications Surveys and Tutorials (on-line), vol. 11, number 4, pp. 3-18, fourth quarter 2009.
- J. Hui and M. Devetsikiotis. “The Use of Metamodeling for VoIP over Wi-Fi Capacity Evaluation”, in the IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 7 (1), pp 1-5, January 2008.
- J. Hui and M. Devetsikiotis, “A Unified Model for the Saturation Throughput and Delay Analysis of IEEE 802.11 EDCF”, IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 53, number 9, Sept. 2005.
| Awards and Honors
- 2012 - IEEE Fellow, for contributions to rare-event modeling of communication networks
- 2008-2011 - IEEE ComSoc Distinguished Lecturer
- 2007-2011 - Area Editor, ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation
- 2007 - IBM Jazz Faculty Award
- 2006-Present - Member of the Editorial Board, IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials
- 2006-Present - Member of the Editorial Board, Journal of Internet Engineering
- 2013, 2012, 2006, 2005, 2001 - IBM Faculty Award
- 2004-Present - Member of Editorial Board, International Journal of Simulation and Process Modeling
- 2002-2006 - Associate Editor, IEEE Communication Letters
- 1997-2006 - Associate Editor, ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation
- 1996 - OPNET Modeling Excellence Award
- 1993 - Phi Kappa Phi Academic Achievement Award, NC State