Campus Box 7911
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7911
Dr. Rajib Mikail
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Rajib Mikail is currently working as a scientist at US Corporate Research Center, ABB Inc. located in Raleigh, NC. He received his PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from North Carolina State University in 2013. His specialization is electrical machine and motor-drives. He has over 9 years of experience in doing research in this field. He has authored and co-authored over 10 peer reviewed technical papers and one patent with fundamental contributions. He received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) in 2006 and 2008, respectively. Between 2007 and 2009, he was a lecturer at the Department of EEE at BUET.
Systems comprising machines and power electronics.
- 2013 - PhD in Electrical Engineering, N C State University, Raleigh, NC.
2008 - MSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
2006 - BSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
| Selected Publications
- R. Mikail, I. Husain, Y. Sozer, M. S. Islam and T. Sebastian, "Torque-Ripple Minimization of Switched Reluctance Machines Through Current Profiling," in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 1258-1267, May-June 2013.
- R. Mikail, I. Husain, Y. Sozer, M. S. Islam and T. Sebastian, "A Fixed Switching Frequency Predictive Current Control Method for Switched Reluctance Machines," in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 3717-3726, Nov.-Dec. 2014.
- R. Mikail, I. Husain, M. S. Islam, Y. Sozer and T. Sebastian, "Four-Quadrant Torque Ripple Minimization of Switched Reluctance Machine Through Current Profiling With Mitigation of Rotor Eccentricity Problem and Sensor Errors," in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 2097-2104, May-June 2015.
- G. Pasquesoone, R. Mikail and I. Husain, "Position Estimation at Starting and Lower Speed in Three-Phase Switched Reluctance Machines Using Pulse Injection and Two Thresholds," in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 1724-1731, July-Aug. 2011.
- R. Mikail, I. Husain and M. Islam, "Finite element based analytical model for controller development of switched reluctance machines," 2013 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition,pp. 920-925, Denver, CO, 2013.
- M. A. Kabir, R. Mikail, S. Englebretson and I. Husain, "3D FEA based squirrel cage rotor model for design tradeoffs and performance analysis," 2015 IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), pp. 2696-2702, Charlotte, NC, 2015.
- Mikail, R.; Husain, I.; Sozer, Y.; Islam, M.S., "System for reducing torque ripple in an electric motor", US9236820 B2, Mar 11, 2013.