2074 Engr Bldg IILocate on Campus Map
Campus Box 7914
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7914
Dr. Wesley E Snyder
- 1968 BS in Electrical Engineering NCSU, Raleigh
1972 MS in Electrical Engineering U of Ill., Urbana, Ill
1975 Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, U of Ill., Urbana, Ill
| Primary Research Interests
- Communications and Signal Processing (Including Image Analysis and Computer Vision*)
| Other Research Interests
- Bioelectronics Engineering (Including Biomimetic Systems)
| Selected Publications
- B. Karacali, R. Ramanath, and W. E. Snyder, "A Comparative Analysis of Structural Risk Minimization by Support Vector Machines and Nearest Neighbor Rule," Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 63-71, 2004.
- R. Ramanath and W. E. Snyder, "Adaptive Demosaicking," Journal of Electronic Imaging, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 633-642, 2003.
- R. Ramanath, W. E. Snyder, G. L. Bilbro, and W. A. Sander, "Demosaicking methods for the Bayer color array," Journal of Electronic Imaging, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 306-315, 2002.
| Awards and Honors
- 2009 - IEEE Fellow, Contributions to Education in Robotics and Computer Vision.
- 2004 - American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, Fellow
- 1993 - IEEE Outstanding Engineering Educator, NC