3056 Engr Bldg IILocate on Campus Map
Campus Box 7911
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7911
Her current research interests include mobile and secure computing, modeling and performance analysis of single- and multi-hop wireless networks, network topology and architecture design. Dr. Wang received NSF CAREER Award in 2006. She is an ACM member and an IEEE Fellow.
- 2002 - Ph.D in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
| Primary Research Interests
- Networking (Including Digital Performance Evaluation*, Network Security*, Wireless Networking*)
| Other Research Interests
- Physical Electronics, Photonics & Magnetics (Including III - V Materials and Devices*, Optical Materials and Photonic Devices*, Quantum Engineering*, Silicon Devices and Fabrication*)
- Power Electronics and Power Systems (Including Power Systems*)
| Selected Publications
- Wenye Wang and Ming Zhao, "Joint Effects of Radio Channels and Node Mobility on Link Dynamics in Wireless Networks," to appear in Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM 2008.
- Zhuo Lu, Wenye Wang, and Cliff Wang, "On the Evolution and Impact of Mobile Botnets in Wireless Networks," in IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, pp. 1-14, October 2015.
- Avesh K. Agarwal and Wenye Wang, "On the Impact of Quality of Protection in Wireless Local Area Networks with IP Mobility," in ACM-Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal, Vol. 12, pp. 93-110, February 2007.
- Lei Sun, Wenye Wang, and Yujin Li, "The Impact of Network Size and Mobility on Information Delivery in Cognitive Radio Networks," in IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, pp. 1-14, June 2015.
- Nurcan Tezcan and Wenye Wang,"TTS: A Two-Tiered Scheduling Mechanism for Energy Conservation in Wireless Sensor Networks, " in International Journal of Sensor Networks (JSNet), Vol.1, No. 3/4, pp. 213-228. November 2006.
- Jie Wang and Wenye Wang, "To Live or To Die: Encoutering Conflict Information Propagation over Simple Networks," in Proc. of the IEEE INFOCOM, April 2016.
- Wei Liang, Wenye Wang," A Quantitative Study of Authentication and QoS in Wireless IP Networks," in Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM'05, Miami, FL, USA, March, 2005.
- Lei Sun, Wenye Wang, and Zhuo Lu, "On Topology and Resilience of Large-Scale Cognitive Radio Networks Under Generic Failures ," in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 3390-3401, June 2015.
- Ian F. Akyildiz and Wenye Wang, “The Predictive User Mobility Profile Framework for Mobility and Resource Management in Wireless Multimedia Networks," in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 12, no. 6, December 2004, pp. 1021-1035.
- Mingkui Wei and Wenye Wang, "Greenbench: A Benchmark for Observing Power Grid Vulnerability Under Data-Centric Threats," in Proc. of the IEEE INFOCOM, April 2014.
| Awards and Honors
- 2006 - IEEE GLOBECOM, Best Student Paper Award
- 2006 - NSF Career Award
- 2004 - IEEE Computer Communications and Networks, Best Student Paper Award