Proud to Be an ABET Accredited Program
ABET accreditation is a significant achievement. We have worked hard to ensure that our program meets the quality standards set by the profession. And, because it requires comprehensive, periodic evaluations, ABET accreditation demonstrates our continuing commitment to the quality of our program – both now and in the future.
Our accreditation is important to the constituents we serve. It means that:
- Our students are ready to practice as soon as they graduate.
- Our local employers can count on our program graduates to meet their needs.
- The parents of our students can be proud of the education their sons and daughters receive and confident that their time and money were well spent.
- Our state licensure, certification, and registration boards know our graduates are prepared to enter the profession.
- The postgraduate institutions to which our students apply recognize our program for producing graduates with the skills and attributes required by the profession.
- Our institution supports our program and provides the resources needed to sustain it.
Program Educational Objectives
Electrical and Computer Engineering graduates will attain
- Productive and successful practice of their Electrical/Computer Engineering background in a diverse range of careers.
- Continuous improvement of their knowledge and skills through formal and informal means and flexibility in adapting to the changes in economic and technological environments.
- a. an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- b. an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- c. an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- d. an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- e. an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- f. an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- g. an ability to communicate effectively
- h. the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- i. a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- j. a knowledge of contemporary issues
- k. an ability to use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
ABET, Inc., is the recognized accreditor for college and university programs in applied science, computing, engineering, and technology. ABET is a federation of more than 25 professional and technical societies representing these fields. Among the most respected accreditation organizations in the U.S., ABET has provided leadership and quality assurance in higher education for over 70 years.
ABET accredits some 2,700 programs at more than 550 colleges and universities nationwide. Over 1,500 dedicated volunteers participate annually in ABET activities.
ABET provides leadership internationally through agreements such as the Washington Accord (www.washingtonaccord.org
), and offers educational credentials evaluation services to those educated abroad through ECEI (www.ecei.org
ABET is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
You may visit ABET directly on the web at www.abet.org