Transfering from an Outside Institution

If you are a student seeking to transfer into the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at NC State University from an outside college or university, you should know how classes taken at an external institution transfer over as credit into the NC State Credit System.

Follow this link for a list of AP scores that qualify for meeting transfer admission coursework requirements.

College-level work must be completed with a C or better grade at a regionally accredited institution to be considered for admission/transfer credit. Work completed in technical programs is not considered for transfer credit or GPA calculation.

Credits awarded by another institution without a letter grade of C or higher cannot be used to meet admissions requirements.

Applicants can search the following databases to determine which course credits from other institutions will transfer to NC State. To search by:

Please note: Final authority regarding course transferability toward a particular degree rests with the individual academic units.